Friday, October 29, 2010

Quickie: Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cougar Town 2.06 "You Don't Know How It Feels"

This episode reminded me of Scrubs at its very best -- simultaneously hilarious and heartwarming. Ken Jenkins as Jules' dad was just awesome (excellent piece of comedy with his name, too), Travis and Laurie were having fun, and poor Bobby is still trying to be a good guy, even though he was removed as Stan's guardian. The show integrated Halloween well, even using it to its advantage -- it took me longer than it should have to realize that the bear was actually Chick in disguise. Overall, a great episode of a great show.

Community 2.06 "Epidemiology"

Have I declared my love for Community on this blog yet? Is it too stereotypical of me to do so? Community is one of those shows that is good at committing totally, willingly, to the craziest ideas you can think of for episodes of television. This Halloween episode is no different. I mean, come on, a zombie infection set to ABBA? A horror homage/parody piece where the black guy is actually the hero? SHIRLEY AND CHANG HAVE SEX?! Most of all, I deeply appreciated Troy's journey (insert Illiad reference here) of self-identity; of all the identities in the world that can be denied by a person, "nerd" is the hardest. This episode is going on my stack of Halloween reruns -- in fact, I may never watch the Boy Meets World slasher parody episode again. (I'm kidding. Who doesn't love Jennifer Love Hewitt parodying herself?)

No comments:

Post a Comment