Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quickie: Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Glee 2.05 "The Rocky Horror Glee Show"

Remember back in my "Britney/Brittany" reflection post, how I said it was critically a hot mess? Well, if that episode is a hot mess, this one is a scorching disaster. Most of what I have to say reflects the way the rest of the critics reacted, but in brief: it didn't work. Doing themed episodes is fun and all, but it has to function in a way that is logical to the show; predictably for a Ryan Murphy teleplay, the show came second to being completely over-the-top. Though I dug Mercedes as Frank-N-Furter, and Finn's storyline was a neat one, there's just no room for Will/Emma/Carl in the same breath as "themed episode". Everything here was just off-putting and wrong. And yes, that was the worst rendition of "Time Warp" I've ever seen (and yes, I too have seen the Drew Carey Show version).

No comments:

Post a Comment